Saturday, August 25, 2007

Decisions, decisions

R.F. and I are currently debating whether or not it would be wise to go check up on his family. They were supposed to call yesterday, but they never did. He has already called her cell phone and his old daughter's, but neither responded back. Perhaps they are angry at, and perhaps it's something worse.

I do not doubt that they need to be helped if help is needed, but I do wonder if we could even make it. It's a long drive, and if we head out now, we'll definitely be driving through the night. He wants to get there as soon as possible. He told me not to worry and to stay here while he left. I know that if he goes there and something is waiting for him, he'll have no chance alone; at least, not if it wants him out of the way or gone.

I think I will give in soon. Even though all my kids are grown and independent, I can understand how afraid he feels for them. Still, I think it'd be best if we left in the morning. Night seems to be when the aural hallucinations slowly drop away, and all the most powerful visual hallucinations come out. If we get into a wreck or something because of something like that, nobody would be around to help anybody.

Oh well.

We will make one short post before we leave tonight (if we do leave tonight) and answer the couple of questions or so asked in our previous absence.


Nolispe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nolispe said...

R.F., Greg, forgive me for being blunt and abrupt, but I have information which leads me to believe that Sammy has already found your wife and children and reached them first. I urge you two to be extremely cautious in whatever decision you ultimately make, for your sake and the sake of your family. I can only hope this warning does not come too late. Good luck and godspeed.

Greg said...

We're very aware of this possibility, but we're also about as prepared as will ever be.

Just wish us luck.